About The Opportunity
Carey’s Design Team, have a Structural Technician opportunity in the Glasgow office.
This is a wonderful chance to join a supportive, smart & ambitious team, in a role, that offers tangible development opportunities.
This Structural Technician role, is fundamental in supporting both Scudder and Carey’s Civil Engineering in the design of Temporary Works. This pan division role also supports our Planning and Work Winning teams in the production of tenders and submissions. If you’d like to have landscape transforming projects such as the V & A in Dundee, The Woodsmith Mine, in Whitby or, 22 Bishopsgate in Central London in your portfolio, then this might just be the right role for you.
- Interpret Architect's and Engineer's drawings & calculations.
- Ensure drawings meet customer and company standards.
- Produce simple engineering calculations.
- AutoCAD & Revit experience in a construction related design office environment.
- Educated to an HND or degree level in engineering.
- Experienced in preparing structural engineering drawings and details.
- CAD software is required with a solid understanding of structural principals and behaviour is required.
- The individual must have a good understanding of construction processes.
- Ability to use Tekla is desirable.
- Producing RC detailing drawings is desirable.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, whilst retaining strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and a good team player.
- Mentorship & Support to achieve chartership if required
- Flexi benefits package - including health care, gym membership etc
Just a really nice team, in a cool office with a generous CPD time available….what’s not to like?
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.