About The Opportunity
CDT are consulting Construction Engineers. We offer leading edge services across our Construction Engineering and Digital Engineering disciplines. We provide Construction Process Design for large projects that require engineering solutions that are optimised against a fast and economic programme. We provide Temporary Works Design to allow these designs to be carried out; and simulate using Construction Animations and advanced Building Information Modelling.
Based in our Wembley office, this position is for a Design Engineer to provide design engineering services within the Design Team. Reporting to the Engineering Directors and other team members, the post holder will be responsible for the production of complex temporary works designs and methodologies within building and civil engineering disciplines. You will be required to hold suitable tertiary qualifications and be chartered, or near chartered, with a relevant professional body. The position will require the post holder to have good interpersonal and organisational skills, and be able to represent the company at meetings with Clients, other professionals and suppliers.
You will be carrying out the following:
- Working with the Tender team to develop construction methodologies for complex projects
- Developing methodologies and temporary works designs for live projects
- Carrying out detailed complex engineering designs across a variety of projects
- Good understanding of construction
- Knowledge of construction stage analysis, axial shortening and other time dependent effects
- Working Knowledge of ETABS or Midas Gen
- Prepare technical specifications
- Providing Technical leadership support to projects; undertake site visits for design reviews and client support
- Working closely with all team members, and mentoring/guidance of junior team members.
- Ensuring works are carried out within agreed deadlines and within budget
Essential Skills & Experience......
- Bachelors degree (BEng) / BSc or Masters degree (MEng) / MSc that meets the engineering academic requirements for registration with the ECUK.
- Experienced technical and project leader; track record of successful delivery of large design projects
- Experience of working on a variety of challenging construction projects within Building and Civil disciplines.
- Working towards Chartership with a relevant professional institution e.g. C Eng. MICE, IStructE
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit
- Working knowledge of analysis software packages - ROBOT, ETABS, Frew and Wallap
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan.
- Newly refurbished, highly modernised offices and great technology comes as standard - as does an impressive on-site gym, free breakfast (yes, free!) and staff restaurant, with an impressive range of subsidised lunches with all food preferences catered for.
- Flexibility to work from our Wembley and Kings Cross offices with occasional home-working.
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here:
Or contact Maddy Donaghy Recruitment Partner for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org