About The Opportunity
Are you currently restricted by historic attitudes of "we've always done things this way" ?
This Quantity Surveying opportunity will offer you a different way of thinking. If you are looking for a role where you can truly partner with your client and operational teams on this interesting, landmark project in Manchester this is an opportunity not to be missed.
As well as applying your expertise in contractual control, you are also inspired by seeing those you work with develop; this role will provide the opportunity for you to coach and support less experienced members of the team.
A bit more about the role.
- Responsible for the day to day administration of the commercial function of the Project(s)
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the project(s) contractual and commercial requirements.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and competent execution of the monthly reconciled values and updated forecasts for approval by the Commercial Manager
- Demonstrates a sound understanding around the valuations cycle and associated deadlines, prioritising and managing both their own and the team’s time accordingly. Demonstrate confidence and competency, with minimal input from the Commercial Manager with dispute resolution and contractual entitlement.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with and effectively interfaced at peer level with Careys clients to agree valuations and variations.
- Interface with and form productive effective relationships with the site team(s) and the client team
- Successfully interpreting information obtained from the site team(s) for incorporation into the account.
- Demonstrate inspirational leadership of the Commercial team around supporting, mentoring and coaching Graduates, Trainees and AQS’s, proactively assisting with their role specific training and development
There are some unique benefits of working for Careys:
-Through our partnership with social enterprise Benefacto, you will get a paid day every year to volunteer in a meaningful initiative and 'put a little back'.
- Ongoing opportunities to be involved in some impressive team charity fundraising initiatives through the Careys Foundation.
... and amongst others, is our brilliant 'FlexiCare' flexible benefits scheme, where you can buy and sell holidays, access tastecards, childcare vouchers and much more.