About The Opportunity
Your next opportunity awaits, joining an experienced and expanding commercial team to deliver a large-scale (€17m), multi-contract, residential scheme in Dublin. This is a permanent role, enabling you to advance your career and broaden your experience, working with one of Ireland’s most recognised principle contractors.
So why join Careys Building & Civil Engineering? We’re a family-owned construction business, operating across the UK and Ireland; we deliver an extensive range of build, engineering and construction services; we foster stable and reputable relationships with our sub-contractors and clients; we will invest in your training and development and strive to create amazing environments for our people.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor, you’ll be responsible for the management and implementation of the commercial function on appointed projects. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, responsibilities include;
- Stakeholder management – suppliers, sub-contractors, client
- Cost management and reporting – budgets through to final account
- Change management and innovation – facilitate continuous improvement
- Procurement – quality, negotiation, maximized profit
- Contractual compliance and risk management
- Sub-contract/special supplies administration
- Lead, develop and mentor less experienced team members
- Demonstrable experience in managing complex, high-value, multi-disciplinary projects (preferably build and/or civils)
- Main contractor experience
- Experienced in public works contracts
- You articulate clear purpose, providing positive and effective communication and direction to your team, sub-contractors and clients.
- You create a culture of continuous improvement through collaboration, lessons learned and sharing best practice.
- Demonstrate inspirational leadership, including staff mentoring and development
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying and accredited MRICS (or working towards)
Competitive salary and benefits package available commensurate with experience.
Careys Building and Civil Engineering delivering a range of design and build construction projects for both public and private sector clients across Ireland, covering substructures, enabling and infrastructure, landscaping and superstructure packages as well as housing schemes ranging from €500k to several million. Our long-standing history as one of Ireland’s most recognised principal contractors is led from our head office in Dublin.
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions here https://app.beapplied.com/apply/dnjm1lqina
..or contact Emma Woodall, Recruitment Partner, for more information email@example.com or 0044 77100 85862