About The Opportunity
The rapid growth of the Carey Group has seen the evolution of our work-winning team, who now tender for up to 500 projects a year from £250k to £100m for a variety of clients, sectors, and regions. Scudder Demolition, an integrated part of the Carey Group, have a renowned reputation as specialist contractor delivering complex demolition, deconstruction, cut and carve and civils enabling works across multiple sectors. We are well established within our core markets and are now looking to underpin our work-winning strategy by building capability within new areas.
As a result, we have an opening for a Managing Estimator to join our Wembley-based team, with a primary focus on estimating projects whilst coaching, training and mentoring an existing team. Your practical and technical expertise, coupled with full support from management, will allow you to embed yourself, lead and develop a team whilst further progressing your career.
- Examine incoming tenders in depth to review risks, opportunity and value engineering solutions for us and our clients
- Provide credible leadership, creating a culture of trust which identifies and exceeds tender deliverables
- Inspire others to achieve results, leading by example through driving continuous improvement of established processes and carrying out lessons learnt
- Develop the leadership potential of others and improve performance through consistent feedback and coaching.
- An exceptional leader who will help challenge and enhance the performance of our work-winning team through your unique personal attributes and strategic advice
- Proven estimating experience in demolition, cut and carve, facade retention, temporary works and/or soft strip tenders
- Previous experience leading a team and mentoring / training junior team members.
- 37.5 hour week. Monday - Thursday, 9.00am to 5.30pm (1hr lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½hr lunch)
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Competitive salary and benefits, including pension, healthcare and car/car allowance
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan
- Newly refurbished, highly modernised offices and great technology comes as standard - as does an on-site gym, free breakfast (yes, free!) and staff restaurant, with an impressive range of subsidised lunches and all food preferences catered for
- Although the team are based from our HQ in Wembley, there is some flexibility to work from our Kings Cross office also
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions here - https://app.beapplied.com/apply/ewgjdlzxtv
Or for more information please contact Recruitment Partner, Emma Woodall at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 077 100 85862.