About The Opportunity
Reporting to the Head of HR, in this partnering role you will be aligned with our operational leaders in Careys Civil Engineering, Scudder and ION.
A strategically agile HR professional, with a strong sense of commercial acumen, plus a good understanding of business will be crucial to your success in this role.
You demonstrate exceptional stakeholder management, communication skills and collaborative working, coupled with integrity and strength of character to influence change and decision making at all levels - underpinned by a detailed knowledge of employment law and best practice HR.
Partnering with our Recruitment and L&D teams to deliver succession plans, whilst supporting our leaders to make sound decisions on reward will support our strategy to attract and retain our top talent.
A strong focus on delivery is essential, ensuring the businesses you support create, implement and embed their people plans, aligning to the Group HR strategy and supporting our business to help create amazing environments.
- Able to work with the relevant business leaders to provide organisational design reviews / planning input and ensure that planned changes/reorganisations are implemented correctly.
- Experienced in general advice, coaching, feedback and able to challenge where appropriate.
- Ability to signposting leaders/managers to ensure they receive appropriate support to lead their people in the Carey Way.
- Ensuring that ER cases are referred to the HR Advisor team and provide support to the team with resolution of the more sensitive and complex ER cases.
- Facilitating the people mapping and contributing to capability assessments and work with Careys L&D team to ensure delivery.
- Working with Leadership teams to ensure delivery of resourcing, talent and succession plans.
- Ensuring that the performance management process is embedded across the business unit/functions.
- Ensuring that reward programmes are rolled out across the business unit/function and support managers in making good reward decisions in order to attract, retain and develop the skills we need now and in the future.
- Playing an active role in supporting the business unit/function on commercial activity ensuring we know our value in the market place.
- Collating workforce and functional people KPI’s and performance data and insight and use the insights to proactively identify issues for resolution.
- Working with the Head of HR and leadership team to ensure that milestones and plans are delivered for the business unit/function and that those plans align with the group HR strategy.
- Ensuring that Group HR processes and policies are implemented and embedded successfully.
- Providing insight to local market requirements to the HR leadership to ensure effective decision making.
- Playing an active role in ensuring that relevant legislative requirements are met.
- Contributing to the execution and governance of the HR strategy and plans.
Please note there will be occasional travel in this role.
- 37.5 hour week- we are flexible as to how there are worked but standard hours are Monday - Thursday, 9.00am to 5.30pm (1hr lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½hr lunch)
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan.
- Newly refurbished, highly modernised offices and great technology comes as standard - as does an impressive on-site gym, free breakfast (yes, free!) and staff restaurant, with an impressive range of subsidised lunches with all food preferences catered for.
- Flexibility to work from our Wembley and Kings Cross offices with occasional home-working.
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here. Follow the link above on how to apply.
Or contact Maddy Donaghy for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org