About The Opportunity
Due to continued growth plans, Carey Group have created an exciting opportunity for someone to join our well established and busy People Team! Our HR Administrators play a vital role within our organisation – helping to create the conditions for our teams to excel. Based from our Head Office in Wembley, this is an opportunity for you to make a real difference.
Our team strive for excellence in the support we provide the business. Our people are our greatest asset and are always treated fairly and consistently.
About the Role:
We are seeking a keen learner with ambition, a great mindset for team-working, excellent interpersonal skills and superb organisation & prioritisation skills. This role will be key to the success of the HR Department and innovation and ideas for improvements are always encouraged!
The purpose of this role is to ensure all communications and documentation are received, actioned and filed in a timely and effective manner. You will be the key that allows the rest of your team members to fulfil their roles and requirements to the best of their ability – and in return, the brilliant learning you obtain in this role will enable your personal professional development in HR.
Reporting to our HR Advisor, you will have a significant role in ensuring the HR team are supported in the full administration duties for the department, assisting with the smooth running of daily tasks and ensuring our people records are actioned, maintained and accurate at all times. The role involves office tasks such as regular photocopying, electronic filing, archiving and document control. A key responsibility will be data integrity - ensuring our people records are up to date and accurate at all times, which will involve auditing HR systems and processes on a regular basis.
- Receive new starters packs from sites & individuals
- Action starter forms / contracts of employment
- Complete eligibility to work documentation
- Liaise with sites to provide additional information & documents as required
- Liaise with payroll to ensure new starters are captured and paid correctly
- Liaise with payroll to ensure leavers from the business are actioned correctly
- Action new starters onto the HR system
- Ensure any leavers are updated on the HR system, resignation confirmation letters issued and files archived
- Monitor the HR Dashboard on a daily basis to ensure compliance is met
- Create new personnel files on the electronic filing system
- Log personal development review forms on to the HR system
- Maintain HR files with valid Passports, visas, residence permits for existing staff
- Complete staff reference letters & referee forms
- Assist HR Advisors with the administration of our flexible benefits offerings for employees
- Monitor, respond and/or acknowledge, forward and action the HR Department In-box
- Answer Department incoming calls & general enquiries; be a first point of contact for all HR-related queries
- Process holiday & absence requests: liaise between employee, manager & payroll team
- Maintain employee records on the HR System
- Support HR Advisors to action employee life cycle events as requested eg contract amendments, promotions
- Ensure the companies probationary policy is adhered to by managers
- Any other duties as may be required by the demands of the role
- Experience in an office administration role is beneficial
- Relevant qualification in HR, Psychology or Humanities beneficial (but not a pre-requisite)
- Able to adapt, communicate and understand effectively and with clarity with stakeholders at all levels
- Resourceful and proactive in the way you work, taking the initiative to get ahead and stay on top of tasks
- Supports a culture of continuous improvement, inspiring others by personal commitment and enthusiasm
- Embraces changes and new ideas from others/the business enthusiastically as well as challenging the status quo to improve/sharpen our current processes in this fast paced environment
- Prioritise your work to maximise use of your time and can work unsupervised and to tight deadlines
- Is a self-starter, consistently pushing others to exceed, yet is resilient when facing any setbacks
- Takes responsibility of their learning and professional/personal development
- Maintains confidentiality and integrity with their work as you will be handling staffs personal information
- Will have an excellent level of computer literacy and experience in HR systems
- 37.5 hour week- standard hours are Monday - Thursday, 9.00am to 5.30pm (1hr lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½hr lunch) – we are flexible as to how these are worked
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan
- Newly refurbished, highly modernised offices and great technology comes as standard - as does an impressive on-site gym, free breakfast (yes, free!) and staff restaurant, with an impressive range of subsidised lunches with all food preferences catered for
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
The Carey Group People Team are going through an exciting period of transformation. Incorporating the three key pillars of Resourcing, HR and Learning Development, the People Team have a very clear purpose - to attract the very best and most talented people to our diverse organisation, support our leaders to develop and embed their people plans, and ensure that capability is in place across Carey Group through the provision of learning and development that meets the vision and strategic priorities of the business.
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions here - https://app.beapplied.com/apply/ohj85morv3
Or for more information please contact the Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org