About The Opportunity
Commercial Manager – London
An experienced Commercial Manager looking for your next step?
We have an opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join our London team. Reporting to the Commercial Director for our South region, you will be responsible for a number of our major RC frame projects based in Central London.
Our Commercial Manager’s are pivotal in supporting, leading the Commercial delivery of our contract programmes. This role will include supporting, managing and coaching our Quantity Surveyors, and being responsible for driving contractual and commercial requirements whilst driving further development of good strategies for further improving commercial functioning.
• Ensure their teams have a thorough understanding of project(s) contractual and commercial requirements
• Ensure their teams have a thorough understanding and competent execution of the monthly reconciled values and updated forecasts
• Support team in advising, guiding and assisting in resolution of commercial disputes, claims and risk management
• Promote and maintain strong relationships with Careys’ clients to agree valuations and complex variations
• Form productive relationships with Careys site and management teams as well as the client’s management
• Work with the Work Winning Team (Estimating) to give commercial and contractual expertise and constructive challenge in the tender and adjudication process
• Research and review market information to increase commercial opportunity and success on the project(s)
• Develop good strategies for further improving commercial performance of the business
• Demonstrate inspirational leadership of the Commercial team including mentoring and assisting with development and training
- Experience working with a main contractor with a civil engineering background
- Ideally degree qualified however HNC / HND or will also be considered depending on project experience
- Expertise administering a range of contract values for multi-disciplinary construction project work packages/contracts
- Knowledge of all relevant forms of contract
We cultivate innovation - encourage ideas - nurture a sense of belonging - challenge the status quo. We do things differently.
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
To apply, please click on https://app.beapplied.com/appl... or please contact Karina in our recruitment team for a confidential discussion on 020 8900 0221.