About The Opportunity
The rapid growth of the Carey Group has seen the evolution of our work-winning team, who now tender for up to 500 projects a year from £5m to £80m for a variety of clients, sectors, and regions. How many people can say they were involved in prestigious projects such as the V&A Museum, Aberdeen Conference Centre, Ferrybridge (EfW), Macallan Distillery, Woodsmith Mine and the University of Glasgow...? You could!
Based from our brand new office in central Glasgow, this is an excellent opportunity to progress your career, working alongside a longstanding, experienced and collaborative team. Most of our Estimators have joined us from a site-based Engineering or Project Management role, and we would welcome the chance to speak with you if you are interested in doing the same. Your practical and technical expertise, coupled with full support and training from the team, will to allow you to fast-track your transition to Estimating.
- Measuring & ‘Taking-Off’ quantities, taking measurements from drawings.
- Producing Bills Of Quantities.
- Sourcing pre-project information and supporting supplier/sub-contractor quotations, agreements & enquiries.
- Exposure to pricing of BOQ items, alongside experienced Estimators.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering (preferred)
- Site-based, sub-contractor experience in varying projects inc. bulk earthworks, groundworks, substructure concrete, paving, roadworks, drainage and/or RC frame
- A confident communicator with demonstrable interpersonal skills and workplace relationships
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Electronic measuring experience, preferably CADMeasure (preferred)
- 37.5 hour week. Monday - Thusrday, 09.00am to 5.30pm (1 hour lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½ hour lunch).
- 26 days holiday per annum (*Plus Bank Holidays)
- Competitive benefits package
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here - https://app.beapplied.com/apply/6ljwqaapmt
..or contact Emma Woodall, Recruitment Partner, for more information firstname.lastname@example.org