About The Opportunity
Work within a dynamic and expanding team and Company, compiling estimates for a range of civil engineering projects and sectors across the UK (£1m to £30m). How many people can say they were involved in prestigious projects such as the V&A Museum, Aberdeen Conference Centre, Ferrybridge (EfW), Macallan Distillery, Woodsmith Mine and the University of Glasgow...? You could!
Based from our brand new office in central Glasgow, this is an excellent opportunity to progress your career, working alongside a longstanding and experienced team of people who have also progressed within Careys. You don’t need to have worked as an Estimator previously- this role could also suit someone looking to move away from a site-based role Engineering or Management role and/or having completed a degree in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering.
You will be responsible for the preparation and subsequent negotiation of Tender submissions for a range of prestigious civil engineering projects. Working closely with our Estimating team and other professionals including Construction Managers, Planners, Design teams, clients and Sub-Contractors- communication and team work skills are essential!
• Preferably degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering
• Experienced in working to standard methods of measurement particularly SMM7, with knowledge of NRM2
• Experienced in varying types of projects including: bulk earthworks, groundworks, substructure concrete, paving, roadworks, drainage, RC Frames and Demolition
• Experienced within a ‘contractor’ environment
• Sound commercial acumen
• A confident communicator with all members of staff; a team player. You must have excellent interpersonal skills; maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients, and suppliers and have a personable character
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily & weekly basis
• Ideally experienced in using CAD and / or Causeway would be an advantage but training will be provided.
* 37.5 hour week. Monday - Thusrday, 09.00am to 5.30pm (1 hour lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½ hour lunch).
* 26 days holiday per annum (*Plus Bank Holidays)
* Competitive benefits package
The main responsibility within this role will be measuring and ‘Taking-Off’ quantities from drawings to produce including;
- Proficient in pre-contract measurement skills.
- Producing Bills of Quantities.
- Sourcing pre-project information and supporting supplier / sub-contractor quotations, agreements & enquiries.
- Assist the Bid Team to successfully submit bid proposals for each tender contract.
How To Apply
Apply now, by following the link below or get in contact with Emma Woodall, Recruitment Partner, for further information firstname.lastname@example.org or 077 100 85862.