Yesterday, Careys Plant & Fleet won in the ‘Safety’ category at the What Van? 2019 awards, which was held at the Brewery in London.
We had to overcome tough competition – from 5 other companies that had been shortlisted along with Careys Plant & Fleet – to scoop this coveted Safety award. We managed to come out on top and take home the prize through a series of our unique safety and improvement initiatives, which include:
- Imposing a strategy that encourages driver engagement and aims to create correct behaviours
- Standardising and reducing the available vehicle types across the group and implementing a set of common, standard features
- Limiting vehicle speeds to 70mph and fitting all vehicles with GPS satellite navigation systems
- Running a driving campaign across the group, which includes DVDs and driving posters
- Reducing accident frequency rates over a five-year period, despite the fleet size doubling
Careys Plant & Fleet is unstinting in its efforts to ensure that the drivers of its 360 vans remain safe, and also makes certain that they do their utmost to drive in a way that makes it safer for other road users as well.
This award is a testament to the hard work that the team has dedicated to improving safety, implementing a series of initiatives and working to change driver behaviour. The net result has been that, between 2017 and 2018, at-fault incidents have fallen from 26 to two, while total accidents have dropped from 65 to just four.
You can find out further details on the What Van? 2019 Safety award by clicking Here