About The Opportunity
How many people can say they were involved in prestigious projects such as The Shard, Wembley Stadium and the BBC Worldwide HQ...? You could!
We are currently working on a number of exciting projects based in London and have an opportunity for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor to join our Commercial team to work on some of our distinguished projects.
We have a real team ethos in BDL based on honesty, respect and integrity which has enabled us to retain, develop and advance our people who are loyal, experienced and committed to the cause. We expect high standards, take pride in what we do and care about what we deliver. Our 'can-do' attitude towards our work and supportive approach enables people to excel in their roles. Many of our staff have been with us over 15 years, which is a good reflection of the strength of our culture.
- This is a fantastic entry level role suitable for someone seeking to start their career in Quantity Surveying
- Ideally educated to A-level with Excellent IT skills. Essentially IT literate in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, & Excel
- Previous Quantity Surveyor experience is not necessary but an interest in a career in the industry is essential
- Maths skills / numerically minded
- Excellent communication skills
- Careys funds the study support as part of this role, this typically involves attending college one day a week on day release working towards a Quantity Surveying degree
- Site-based, Monday to Friday - 8am - 5pm
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan
- When working at our Wembley and King’s Cross offices you will benefit from newly refurbished, highly modernised offices and great technology comes as standard - as does an impressive on-site gym, free breakfast (yes, free!) and staff restaurant, with an impressive range of subsidised lunches with all food preferences catered for at our Wembley site
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
BDL is one of the largest specialist dry lining contractors in the UK with a turnover in the region of £75m and a workforce of around 900 skilled operatives. The company was established in 1977 and became part of the Carey Group in September 2013.
We provide a range of dry lining services and turn key washroom fit outs to clients in London and the South East, covering both residential and commercial developments. Our extensive portfolio of work includes internationally recognised landmarks and a range of developments for the UK's largest house builders and developers.
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/jsrtrhfiav
...or contact Lucy O'Callaghan, Recruitment Partner, for more information email@example.com