About The Opportunity
What's the difference between a good Engineer - and an outstanding one?
How do you ensure your delivery of Engineering expertise is applied to the best of your ability, even when faced with operational obstacles along the way?
Our projects will present a level of complexity that will ask questions of your Engineering ability that haven't been asked before.
As a Site Engineer, you will act as a technical and operational advisor on one of our current Manchester-based infrastructure, RC frame and/or groundworks projects. Careys’ Engineers achieve their project goals through collaborative effort. As a Careys Site Engineer, you will have a flair for technical complexity and detail, coupled with a core motivation to engage with, communicate, innovate and inspire other teams around you. An integral part of the operations team, you will embody the confidence to challenge incorrect processes and mistakes and voice concerns to ensure successful delivery of projects.
If working as a key team player to overcome challenging elements faced on site with your operations teams is second nature to you, our Site Engineer role based in Manchester could be just the opportunity you are looking for.
As a Site Engineer, you will have responsibility for the achievement of the Carey Quality Standards, adhering to robust QITP, QA and QC procedures, and undertaking and reviewing QA/QC duties in line with project requirements. The role includes managing parts of the construction project, providing expert technical advice and using developed skills in interpreting engineering information and surveying/setting out.
- Overseeing quality control and safety matters on the site, ensuring regulations are adhered to;
- Problem resolution, including unexpected technical difficulties;
- Setting out and controlling lines and levels on-site;
- Raising RFIs;
- Completing As-Built drawings for completed works;
- Participating in daily meetings to discuss programme requirements;
- Supervising and monitoring the site labour force and monitoring the work of subcontractors;
- Nurturing and developing Graduates and Trainees.
We are looking for a motivated Site Engineer that has the following qualifications and work experience:
- A higher-level qualification in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Structural Engineering;
- Proven setting out experience;
- M.I.C.E – desirable/ AMICE / IEng;
- CSCS / IOSH / SMSTS;
- Temporary Works Coordination;
- Experience within groundworks including drainage, highways and utility services, RC frame/ Concrete retain walls, slipform, rebar.
As well as embodying the following key attributes:
- Technical competency;
- Effective problem solving;
- The ability to demonstrate working effectively with others in a team(s);
- Methodical proactive planning;
- The ability to programme/schedule
- The ability to self-deliver whilst working on projects, based on previous experience of self-delivery.
- A desire to progress professionally for CPD and for the interest of the company’s success.
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan.
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here – https://app.beapplied.com/apply/hheodtjn9c