About The Opportunity
Would you like to join a prestigious project in Glasgow and work for a company that will support you to progress?
As Engineer, you will act as a technical and operational advisor on one of our current Glasgow-based infrastructure, RC frame and/or groundworks projects.
Our Engineers achieve their project goals through collaborative effort. You will have a flair for technical complexity and detail coupled with a core motivation to engage with, communicate, innovate and inspire the teams around you. As an integral part of the operations team, your role will be key to the successful delivery of our projects.
As Engineer, you will have responsibility for the achievement of the Carey Quality Standards, adhering to robust QITP, QA and QC procedures, and undertaking and reviewing QA/QC duties in line with the project requirements. The role includes managing parts of the construction project, providing expert technical advice and using developed skills in interpreting engineering information and surveying/setting out. Responsibilities include;
- Overseeing quality control and safety matters on the site, ensuring regulations are adhered to
- Problem resolution, including unexpected technical difficulties
- Setting out and controlling lines and levels on-site
- Raising RFIs
- Completing As-Built drawings for completed works
- Participating in daily meetings to discuss programme requirements
- Supervising and monitoring the site labour force and monitoring the work of subcontractors
- Nurturing and developing Graduates and Trainees
- Higher level qualification in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Structural Engineering
- Proven setting out experience
- M.I.C.E – desirable/ AMICE / IEng
- CSCS / IOSH / SMSTS
- Temporary Works Coordinator
- Technically competent / Effective problem solver / Team Player / Methodical proactive planner
- Ability to programme/schedule
- Experienced within groundworks including drainage, highways and utility services, RC frame/ Concrete retain walls, slipfom, rebar
- Self-delivery experience
- Desire to progress
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here - https://app.beapplied.com/apply/efphtosd4g
..or contact Emma Woodall, Recruitment Partner, for more information firstname.lastname@example.org