About The Opportunity
At Carey’s our civil engineering projects across the UK will present a level of complexity that will ask questions of your ability that haven't been asked before.
So if you strive to be the best on a daily basis and want to be part of some exciting projects in Edinburgh, we want to hear from you.
Our Site Engineers perform a technical and supervisory role on our construction projects. Beyond their technical role, they work as part of the site management team, sharing responsibility for site security, health & safety, environmental & sustainability and the organisation of material and human resources.
In alignment with the Carey Way and Careys Health and Safety system, SHED (“Safe Home Every Day”), the Site Engineer will:
- Interpret technical information
- Conduct surveying and setting out
- Conduct Inspection and testing of materials
- Coach and mentor other site personnel
- Participate in Golden Hour workforce engagement initiative
- Assist in delivery of Quality Plan and Assurance targets relevant to the project
- Carry out site quality inspections
You will possess a Higher level qualification in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Structural Engineering with M.I.C.E – desirable/ AMICE / IEng. You will also possess CSCS / IOSH / SMSTS.
You will be highly organised, with an outstanding collaborative work ethic. We require experience in all aspects of infrastructure including roads, draining, groundworks, concrete frames, and utilities for this project.
You are the type of person who has the confidence to speak up if a mistake has been made before a critical concrete pour.
To you, Engineering is much more than putting up a flawless structure - it's the teamwork that sends you home each day with a smile.
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Staff canteen with complimentary breakfast and subsidised lunchtime meals
- On-site gym
- Competitive benefits package
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.