About The Opportunity
Senior Quantity Surveyor
This Quantity Surveying opportunity will offer you a different way of thinking. If you are looking for a role where you can truly partner with your client and operational teams on our interesting, pivotal RC frame (superstructures, complex basement projects) across our London and South East region, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
As well as applying your expertise in contractual control, you are also inspired by seeing those you work with develop; this role will provide the opportunity for you to coach and support less experienced members of the team.
About the Opportunity:
As Senior Quantity Surveyor, you’ll be responsible for the management and implementation of the commercial function on appointed projects. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, responsibilities include;
- Stakeholder management – suppliers, sub-contractors, client
- Cost management and reporting – budgets through to final account
- Change management and innovation – facilitate continuous improvement
- Procurement – quality, negotiation, maximized profit
- Contractual compliance and risk management
- Sub-contract/special supplies administration
- Lead, develop and mentor less experienced team members
- Demonstrable experience in managing complex, high-value, RC frame projects.
- You articulate clear purpose, providing positive and effective communication and direction to your team, sub-contractors and clients.
- You create a culture of continuous improvement through collaboration, lessons learned and sharing best practice.
- Demonstrate inspirational leadership, including staff mentoring and development.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying and accredited MRICS (or working towards).
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plans.
- Car Allowances.
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here – https://app.beapplied.com/appl...
...or contact Lucy, Recruitment Partner, for more information Lucy.firstname.lastname@example.org