About The Opportunity
Ambitious? Dynamic? Autonomous?
Come and join us, on a huge new project based in Cheshire. This £110m project will require a very strong Surveyor coming from a Design and Build background, being comfortable in negotiating, commercial control, CVR preparations and client facing meetings. We’re a family-owned construction business, operating across the UK and Ireland; we deliver an extensive range of build, engineering and construction services; we foster stable and reputable relationships with our sub-contractors and clients; we will invest in your training and development and strive to create amazing environments for our people.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor, you’ll be responsible for the management and implementation of the commercial function on this huge project. In particular the M & E packages and external packages.
Comfortable with hosting client meetings you will be skilled in negotiation and delivery. You will also mentor and guide less experienced members of the team, to ensure all members reach their potential.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, responsibilities include;
- Stakeholder management – suppliers, sub-contractors, client
- Cost management and reporting – budgets through to final account
- Change management and innovation – facilitate continuous improvement
- Procurement – quality, negotiation, maximized profit
- Contractual compliance and risk management
- Sub-contract/special supplies administration
- Lead, develop and mentor less experienced team members
- Commercially strong
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
- A desire to coach and lead a team
- Skills in negotiation
- Technically experienced
- Strong relationships builder
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan.
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here - https://app.beapplied.com/apply/55plaxknor
...or contact Maddy Donaghy, Recruitment Partner for more information - firstname.lastname@example.org