About The Opportunity
Senior Planning Engineer (Tender planning)
Want to join an innovative team who are leading and shaping Planning tools in our industry? Passionate about coaching and mentoring others?
Careys is undergoing a huge transformation. Our Planning team (currently 25 strong across operational and pre-construction planning) - we have over the past 18 months developed and secured key partnerships with world-leading technology, educational and research bodies - together, we are now pushing the boundaries in helping to influence and shape the vision and future of Planning for our industry. We have an incredible team of people working for our 1550-strong organisation, now turning over in excess of £500m - and with very exciting anticipated continued growth plans.
As a Senior Planning Engineer, you will be working collaboratively with both our Internal and external Design and Procurement teams to implement robust preconstruction programmes. You will also develop and lead the construction programme development interacting with all Careys Group companies to help us deliver amazing environments whilst being responsible for mentoring, coaching and managing our Planning Engineers.
The planning function is key to the success of a project - planning and sequencing the permanent works, logistics and temporary works phasing, engaging our project teams in BIM and leading the industry in planning world class projects.
- Development of Programmes: managing multiple baselines, producing delay and disruption programmes (cause and effect).
- Pre-Contract Planning & Work Winning: good commercial awareness of contract conditions and implications on time related data.
- Commercial acumen: forensically analysing a programme.
- Digital Engineering / BIM: creating complex 4D models demonstrating sequencing and methodologies for the delivery of our projects.
- Engineering: knowledge of engineering principles and temporary works.
- Managing, mentoring, coaching leading others.
- Collaborating and engaging with design and procurement teams.
You will have robust Engineering (site-based) experience, ideally within a specialist contractor or principal contractor environment. Degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering and or Construction Management.
Demonstrable planning experience, you will also have sound demonstrable knowledge of construction methodologies and understanding sequencing of works with an eye for detail and proven ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders. Demonstrable experience of inspiring, coaching, managing and leading others is preferable.
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan.
- Company car/car allowance.
- Newly refurbished, highly modernised offices and great technology comes as standard - as does an impressive on-site gym, free breakfast (yes, free!) and staff restaurant, with an impressive range of subsidised lunches with all food preferences catered for.
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here - https://app.beapplied.com/appl...
...or contact Maddy, Recruitment Partner, for more information maddy.donaghy@Careysplc.co.uk