About The Opportunity
Senior Planning Engineer (Tender planning)
Are you a motivated individual that thrives on being an integral part of the pre-construction planning process? Do you want to join an innovative team that are leading and shaping planning tools in our industry?
If managing and assisting in the commercial and operational side of planning is second nature to you, our Work Winning Senior Planning Engineer could be just the role you are looking for.
We are constantly evolving at Careys and have grown significantly as a company in the past few years. Our Planning Team is also growing and made up of strong, passionate individuals across operational and pre-construction planning. Over the past 2 years the Planning team have developed and secured key partnerships with cutting edge, world-leading technology as well as partnering with educational institutes and research bodies. With these key channels, we are pushing boundaries to not only contribute but also have a positive influence on shaping the Carey Vision and the future planning for our industry.
We are an incredible company made up of 1600 people with a turnover nearing £600m. Our anticipated pipeline of work continues to grow and with that comes the need to invest and nurture our planning team.
As a Senior Planning Engineer, you will be collaboratively working with Project Managers on the operational side of business as well as supporting the Principal Planning Engineer to support their projects. You will also manage the robust construction programme in place implemented by the Principal Planning Engineer, by collaborating with Careys Group companies, whilst also managing and mentoring the development of our Planning Engineers.
The planning function is key to the success of a project - planning and sequencing the permanent works, logistics and temporary works phasing, engaging our project teams in BIM and leading the industry in planning world class projects.
- Development of Programmes: Providing templates and mentoring others, implementing project controls and consistently driving best practice on a constant basis.
- Pre-Contract Planning & Work Winning: Leading the work winning team on complex tenders.
- Commercial acumen: Leading commercial processes through stage bid or on projects.
- Digital Engineering / BIM: Advising and inputting into our BIM strategy and developing our BIM capability.
- Engineering: Leading the engineering solutions adopted on bids and projects.
- Overseeing the management and mentoring of our Planning Engineers.
- You will have robust site-based Engineering experience, ideally within a specialist contractor or principal contractor environment.
- You will have a degree or an equivalent qualification in Civil Engineering and or Construction Management.
- You will also have demonstrable experience of leading, inspiring, coaching, managing and mentoring others.
- You will be an enthusiastic individual that can implement instruction from the Principal Planning Engineer to your team of planners and give guidance when needed.
- As well as having the ability to manage a team, you are also a key team player that strives to work with other stakeholders to deliver the vision and complete projects with success.
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan.
- Company car/car allowance.
- Newly refurbished, highly modernised offices and great technology comes as standard - as does an impressive on-site gym, free breakfast (yes, free!) and staff restaurant, with an impressive range of subsidised lunches with all food preferences catered for.
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
Carey Group PLC is a leading family-owned construction business currently celebrating 50 years of operation in the UK and Ireland. Our Group companies continue to deliver on our commitment of being ‘Better Every day’ providing specialist construction and resource recovery services across multiple sectors. At Careys ‘We Care’ and that is why we put our name next to our famous words.
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here - https://app.beapplied.com/appl...
...or contact Maddy, Recruitment Partner, for more information maddy.donaghy@Careysplc.co.uk