About The Opportunity
Are you currently restricted by historic attitudes of "we've always done things this way" ?
Experienced in, Groundworks? Or Retail? Exposure to Estimating? This Quantity Surveying opportunity will offer you a different way of thinking. If you are looking for a role where you can truly partner with your client and operational teams on interesting, fast paced projects based in the South East this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Carey’s are looking for a QS, ideally with a Civils background, with some exposure to estimating. This is a very exciting project which in Birmingham. The work will include, infrastructure works, enabling, etc.
You will be commercially astute, with a flair for building relationships with clients, contractors and peers alike.
- Responsible for the day to day administration of the commercial function of the Project(s).
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the project(s) contractual and commercial requirements.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and competent execution of the monthly reconciled values and updated forecasts for approval by the Commercial Manager/Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Demonstrates a sound understanding around the valuations cycle and associated deadlines, prioritising and managing both their own and the team’s time accordingly. Demonstrate confidence and competency, with minimal input from the Commercial Manager/Senior Commercial Manager with dispute resolution and contractual entitlement.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with and effectively interfaced at peer level with Careys clients to agree valuations and variations.
- Interface with and form productive effective relationships with the site team(s) and the client team
- Successfully interpreting information obtained from the site team(s) for incorporation into the account.
- Demonstrate inspirational leadership of the Commercial team around supporting, mentoring and coaching Graduates, Trainees and AQS’s, proactively assisting with their role specific training and development
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days per annum), Health cash plan.
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here
Or contact Maddy Donaghy Recruitment parter for more information - firstname.lastname@example.org