About The Opportunity
Are you currently restricted by historic attitudes of "we've always done things this way" ?
Experienced in, Groundworks? Enabling, Infrastructure and RC Frames?
This Quantity Surveying opportunity will offer you a different way of thinking. If you are looking for a role where you can truly partner with your client and operational teams on interesting, fast paced projects this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Carey’s are looking for a QS, ideally with a Civils background, with some exposure to estimating for a large, landscape changing project in Birmingham
Responsible for the day to day administration of the commercial function of the Project(s).
· Demonstrate a deep understanding of the project(s) contractual and commercial requirements.
· Demonstrate a thorough understanding and competent execution of the monthly reconciled values and updated forecasts for approval by the Commercial Manager/Senior Quantity Surveyor
· Demonstrates a sound understanding around the valuations cycle and associated deadlines, prioritising and managing both their own and the team’s time accordingly
- Demonstrate confidence and competency, with minimal input from the Commercial Manager/Senior Commercial Manager with dispute resolution and contractual entitlement.
· Establish and maintain strong relationships with and effectively interfaced at peer level with Careys clients to agree valuations and variations.
· Interface with and form productive effective relationships with the site team(s) and the client team
· Successfully interpreting information obtained from the site team(s) for incorporation into the account.
· Demonstrate inspirational leadership of the Commercial team around supporting, mentoring and coaching Graduates, Trainees and AQS’s, proactively assisting with their role specific training and development
We offer a company car or car allowance. Flexi benefits package. Continued development within a progressive organisation.
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
Please follow this link: