About The Opportunity
This a fantastic development opportunity for you to gain some valuable insight, experience and hands on exposure to compliment your existing studies.
If you are driven by solving complex numbers challenges and want to be developed by some of the best surveying experts in the country, this placement opportunity is for you! Whether you are looking to work toward your Chartership once graduated, or to broaden your Quantity Surveying skills through other routes, our commercial teams will help to coach, support and develop you on your chosen path.
Our Quantity Surveyors achieve success through teamwork. As well as having a flair for numerical complexity, you must own a core motivation to enquire, communicate, innovate and inspire teams around you to achieve exceptional outcomes.
Current Placement Opportunities:
- O’Devaney Gardens Housing Scheme - Dublin
- N59 Road Scheme – West Mayo
You could gain exposure/experience in the following areas;
- Develop an understanding of the scope of works, commercial and contractual requirements
- Demonstrate the ability to interface & form productive, relationships with the site team successfully extracting relevant information to assist with incorporation into the account
- Develop an understanding around the valuations cycle and associated deadlines
- Attendance at Design team and Client progress meetings
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management reports
- Assist with the monthly production of record drawings detailing site progress
- Co-ordination and collation of weekly progress photographs of work on site
- Assist with the preparation of monthly valuations, financial statements
- Monthly production of a schedule of materials on site for inclusion in the application
- Assist with management and support of commercial variation cost and recovery
- Re-measure works as necessary and adjust variations
- Assist with the preparation of estimates and cost plans required by the Client
- Assist with Subcontract/Special Supplies procurement including the preparation and maintenance of a Subcontract Letting schedule, sending out enquires, analysis of quotes, attending pre-contract meetings getting the necessary approvals and placing Subcontract orders
- Assist with the measurement of subcontractors under re-measurable contract
- Contribute to lessons learned report for post contract review
- 9am – 5.30pm. Monday – Friday.
- Graduate opportunities within Ireland AND/OR the UK upon completion of your studies
Careys Building & Civil Engineering delivers an extensive range of engineering, build and construction services for public and private sector clients across the Republic and Northern Ireland. Our long-standing history as one of Ireland’s most recognised principal contractors is led from our head office in Dublin.
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We are interviewing now and applications close Monday, 10th June. We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you and because of this, would like to invite your insights to some questions relating to this opportunity. You can access these questions and submit your application here https://app.beapplied.com/apply/cryizsgb3g