About The Opportunity
Calling all Proposals Managers! Let us tell you what makes this opportunity different to any other…
We are celebrating our 50th anniversary this year, so let’s just say our Work-winning Team is doing something right. The rapid growth of the Carey Group has seen the evolution of our Work-winning Team, who now tender for up to 500 projects a year from £5m to £80m for a variety of clients, sectors, and regions. How many people can say they were involved in ‘postcard’ projects such as The Royal Opera House, Selfridges and 22 Bishopsgate - the second tallest skyscraper in London? You could!
As Proposals Manager within the Carey Group, you will join a growing company and have the opportunity to shape work winning as we expand into new markets.
Based from our Wembley Head Office (HA90HR), you will join our existing submissions team in managing and preparing tenders, supporting the continuous growth and development of the business. Working alongside Estimators, Planners, Designers, Marketing/Comms and Operational teams, you will lead on major tenders, as well as sharing your expertise by supporting on smaller tenders and PQQs.
- Flexibility and resilience to work across a range of clients, sectors and regions and within strict deadlines. Recent target areas are full design and build and public sector tenders - relevant tendering experience/exposure to help us penetrate these markets would be held in high regard
- Creativity and confidence to challenge the status quo, consistently seeking to raise the bar despite the everyday challenge of maintaining business as usual. With your desire for ‘process improvement through collaboration’ you will bring fresh ideas to the team to adapt and build upon our existing tender processes, information databases, and library of technical information
- Mentoring and support of Bid Coordinators, Bid Writers and Trainees – imparting your knowledge and expertise to build future Proposal Managers
- Collaborative and inquisitive – Seeking out and making expert knowledge accessible
- Technical Bids – Construction industry experience is preferred but not essential. You will have demonstrable experience working with technical subject matter experts to explore client drivers, devise win themes and craft client-focussed tenders
- Government Policy/Public Sector Tendering - Awareness of and ability to comply with OJEU regulations and the possible consequences of political changes for our industry such as Brexit.
- 37.5 hour week. Monday - Thursday, 9.00am to 5.30pm (1hr lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½hr lunch)
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Newly refurbished, highly modernised offices and great technology comes as standard - as does an impressive on-site gym, free breakfast (yes, free!) and staff restaurant, with an impressive range of subsidised lunches with all food preferences catered for
- Flexibility to work from our Kings Cross and Wembley Offices
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan.
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't always tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights into some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here – https://app.beapplied.com/apply/jtr0daihll
Or for more information please contact Recruitment Partner, Emma Woodall at email@example.com or call on 077 100 85862.