About The Opportunity
Project Managers within Careys Building & Civil Engineering have clear leadership ability and an exceptional ‘Teamwork Ethic,’ driven to control the day-to-day functions on a project, but also ‘The Carey Way’ vision - seeing the bigger picture and demonstrating the ability to pull our teams together through collaborative working.
Commencing on a live traditional build terraced housing and apartment scheme within central Dublin (set to run until March 2021), this role would suit both experienced Project Managers as well as Senior Engineers ready to take the next step. Working alongside an existing team, you will manage this large scale multi-contract Social housing scheme (2/3 story Houses 4 Story Apartments) with single point responsibility for project out-turn, from foundations through construction and handover.
- Provide leadership to the project construction team, ensuring works are carried out to the required quality, Health & Safety and environmental standards, and in full compliance with the Planning Permission.
- Management of the project budget and contract administration in conjunction with the Project Quantity Surveyor
- Implementation of best practice in project controls, performance management, and project reporting
- Direct employee and Sub-contractor management including, foundation level, builders, m&e individuals, fit out and joiners
- Competent working from the ground up on commercial, healthcare and retail projects.
- Liaising with a range of built environment professionals i.e. Designers, Engineers, Architects
- Designing and managing the construction programme to maximise efficiency and ensure completion is in accordance with the schedule
- Residential housing and/or Social Housing experience preferred, preferably with solid Main Contractor or Property Developer experience
- Background in residential or commercial construction in-excess of €10 million
- Experience in Social Housing Developments and Building contracts advantageous
- Excellent working knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets
- Degree / Higher Diploma qualification in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent
- 47.5 hour week. Monday – Friday, 07.30am to 5.30pm
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Competitive salary and benefits package
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't always tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights into some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/fugo2je04b
..or contact Emma Woodall, Recruitment Partner, for more information on 004477 100 85862