About The Opportunity
Do you have what it takes to collaborate with Project & Construction Managers, as well as guide and manage Engineers to collectively deliver the client’s vision from start to finish?
As Project Engineer, you will act as a technical and operational advisor on our Manchester-based civils project. Teamwork is key as you will be working closely with the Project and Construction Managers and coaching other Engineers on a continual basis to ensure successful running of the project, whilst also using your developed skills in management, leadership and your in-depth technical knowledge to deliver the project to Client.
This is also a fantastic opportunity for you to fully immerse yourself into a role that will allow you to demonstrate your strengths as a Project Engineer, whilst also gaining support from Careys as an employer as you work towards achieving your long-term career aspirations.
Our Engineers achieve their project goals through collaborative effort. As a Project Engineer you have a flair for technical complexity and detail, coupled with a core motivation to engage with, communicate, innovate and inspire the teams around you. As an integral part of the operations team, your role will be key to the successful delivery of our projects.
- Overseeing quality control and safety matters on the site, ensuring regulations are adhered to;
- Participating in daily meetings to discuss programme requirements;
- Line managing, nurturing and developing Engineers;
- Producing, maintaining and monitoring programmes for the works;
- Carrying out reporting in accordance to the contract programme within project meetings;
- Assisting the Project Manager(s) with cost reviews for project budget;
- Producing and monitoring, showing timescales of when RAMS, drawings and other important documentation required;
- Delivery of valued engineering that is of a high standard and in line with the Carey vision of being the World’s best.
- You will have obtained a Higher-level qualification in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Structural Engineering;
- You will also have proven RC Frame/Steelworks/Groundworks site engineering experience (self-delivery) including temporary works coordination;
- Knowledge and application of M.I.C.E – desirable/ AMICE / IEng
- Knowledge and application of CSCS / IOSH / SMSTS
- You are a technically competent team player that can think on their feet with effective problem solving to ensure the best outcome. You are able to proactively plan and assess situations in a methodical manner and as a result, programme and schedule in an efficient and timely manner.
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan.
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here https://app.beapplied.com/apply/xrfgdooonx
...or contact Recruitment Partner Nicola Plenderleith at Nicola.Plenderleith@careysplc.co.uk for more information.