About The Opportunity
Wembley & London
Are you a born leader that thrives on being an integral part of the pre-construction planning process? Do you want to join an innovative team that are leading and shaping planning tools in our industry?
If coaching and mentoring others comes as second nature to you, our Work Winning Principal Planning Engineer could be just the role you are looking for.
We are constantly evolving at Careys and have grown significantly as a company in the past few years. Our Planning Team is also growing and made up of strong, passionate individuals across operational and pre-construction planning. Over the past 2 years the Planning team have developed and secured key partnerships with cutting edge, world-leading technology as well as partnering with educational institutes and research bodies. With these key channels we are pushing boundaries to not only contribute but also have a positive influence on shaping the Carey Vision and the future planning for our industry.
We are an incredible company made up of 1600 people with a turnover nearing £600m. Our anticipated pipeline of work continues to grow and with that comes the need to invest and nurture our planning team.
As a Principal Planning Engineer, you will be collaboratively working with and supporting our Head of Deliveries to support their regions and lead to implement robust construction programmes. You will also develop and lead the construction programme interacting with all Careys Group companies to enable us to deliver amazing environments whilst overseeing the mentoring and development of our Senior Planning Engineers and Planning Engineers.
The planning function is key to the success of a project - planning and sequencing the permanent works, logistics and temporary works phasing, engaging our project teams in BIM and leading the industry in planning world class projects.
- Development of Programmes: Providing templates and mentoring others, implementing project controls and consistently driving best practice on a constant basis.
- Pre-Contract Planning & Work Winning: Leading the work winning team on complex tenders.
- Commercial acumen: Leading commercial processes through stage bid or on projects.
- Digital Engineering / BIM: Advising and inputting into our BIM strategy and developing our BIM capability.
- Engineering: Leading the engineering solutions adopted on bids and projects.
- Overseeing the learning and development for our Senior Planning Engineers and Planning Engineers.
- You will have robust site-based Engineering experience, ideally within a specialist contractor or principal contractor environment.
- You will have a degree or an equivalent qualification in Civil Engineering and or Construction Management.
- You will also have demonstrable experience of leading, inspiring, coaching, managing and leading others.
- You will be an enthusiastic individual that is comfortable pushing boundaries for the greater benefit of the team and the company as a whole.
- As well as having the ability to lead, you also are a key team player that strives to work with other stakeholders to deliver the vision and complete projects with success.
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan.
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
Carey Group PLC is a leading family-owned construction business currently celebrating 50 years of operation in the UK and Ireland. Our Group companies continue to deliver on our commitment of being ‘Better Every day’ providing specialist construction and resource recovery services across multiple sectors. At Careys ‘We Care’ and that is why we put our name next to our famous words.
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here – https://app.beapplied.com/apply/hhonvqy2bd
...or contact Recruitment Partner Maddy Donaghy at firstname.lastname@example.org