About The Opportunity
Our brilliant payroll team deliver a slick, responsive and efficient service to the Carey Group of companies.
The team are extremely busy - processing weekly and monthly payroll for 1,550 employees and weekly payments to 960 subcontractors. And where there is hard work, there is also great teamwork! This is very close-knit team who carry out an incredibly important function for Careys with bright smiles and a real sense of fun team camaraderie.
Your typical week will look like:
- Processing all new starters for weekly & monthly payroll – pulling records from HR workbench and adding payroll specific information to employee records
- Ensuring all weekly & monthly changes are correctly added to employee records from the HR changes form.
- Handle payment requests for any mid-month leavers.
- Pulling through benefits from HR work bench, checking that benefits are properly calculated in COINS payroll.
- Responsible for preparing monthly comparisons for review and sign off by Head of Payroll.
- Submission of RTI to HMRC – after BACS payroll run has been processed.
- Monthly costing of payroll – allocating all costs to projects, completed in line with monthly financial calendar.
- Assisting the Head of Payroll with year-end processing and reporting.
- Handling employee queries and any HMRC correspondence.
- Identifying and working on process and timing improvements with other teams, including HR and Operations.
- Other responsibilities and projects as appropriately assigned.
If you have robust experience problem-solving complex payroll challenges within a medium to large organisation, we'd love to hear from you!
- 37.5 hour week- our standard hours are Monday - Thursday, 9.00am to 5.30pm (1hr lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½hr lunch)
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Modern offices and great technology comes as standard - as does an impressive on-site gym, free breakfast (yes, free!) and staff restaurant, with an impressive range of subsidised lunches with all food preferences catered for.
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan.
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here:
...or contact Karina Pattni, Recruitment Partner, for more information on 07702859911.