About The Opportunity
The rapid growth of the Carey Group has seen the evolution of our work-winning team, who now tender for up to 500 projects a year from £5m to £100m for a variety of clients, sectors, and regions. We are well established within our core markets and are now looking to underpin our work-winning strategy by building capability within new markets.
As a result, we have an opening for a Lead Estimator to join our Wembley-based team, with a primary focus on estimating a number of projects whilst coaching, training and mentoring Estimators, Assistant Estimators and Trainees. Your practical and technical expertise, coupled with full support from management, will allow you to embed yourself within our established team and further progress your career. You will help to embed the principles of the Carey Way, vision and strategy within the estimating team, supporting the business to help create amazing environments for our people.
Typically acting as specialist sub-contractor, the core markets for Careys Civil Engineering (CCE) include substructures, superstructures, hard & soft landscaping and enabling & infrastructure works. Your role will assist in developing new target opportunities, particularly within public-sector markets.
- Examine incoming tenders in depth to review risks, opportunity and value engineering solutions for both CCE and our clients.
- Provide credible leadership, creating a culture of trust which identifies and exceeds tender deliverables.
- Inspire others to achieve results, leading by example through driving continuous improvement of established processes and carrying out lessons learnt.
- Develop the leadership potential of others and improve performance through consistent feedback and coaching.
We are looking for an exceptional leader to help challenge and enhance the performance of our work-winning team through your unique personal attributes and strategic advice.
- HND / BSc / BEng in Civil Engineering / Construction Management / Quantity Surveying desirable.
- Experienced Civil Engineer/Project Manager + a minimum of 3 years estimating OR a minimum of 5 years estimating experience.
- Proven track record on projects over £10m.
- Previous experience leading a team and mentoring / training junior team members.
- 37.5 hour week. Monday - Thursday, 9.00am to 5.30pm (1hr lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½hr lunch).
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including pension, healthcare and car/car allowance.
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan.
- Newly refurbished, highly modernised offices and great technology comes as standard - as does an on-site gym, free breakfast (yes, free!) and staff restaurant, with an impressive range of subsidised lunches and all food preferences catered for.
- Flexibility to work from our Wembley and Kings Cross offices.
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions here - https://app.beapplied.com/apply/qn26qiri4d
Or for more information please contact Recruitment Partner, Emma Woodall at email@example.com or call on 077 100 85862.