About The Opportunity
About the Department:
Careys HR team help to create amazing environments by supporting our people with all aspects of employment during their time at Careys. The purpose of the HR team is to identify the strategic people goals throughout the business and help develop plans and activities to meet them. Our team support a large workforce of 1600 PAYE employees and 3800 sub-contractors spread across the whole of the UK and Ireland.
Purpose of the Role:
Our HR Assistants provide support to a very busy HR Team by coaching and mentoring our HR Administrators and wider team. They are the guardians of data integrity and process compliance, responsible for a huge variety of people-related activities and ensure the accuracy of our documentation and systems. Bridging the relationship between the transactional elements of HR and the outward-facing people activities undertaken by our HR Advisors, the purpose of this role is to continually explore and drive improvements to our HR processes.
Wembley Head Office (opportunity to work from new Kings Cross office also available)
37.5 hour week - 9.00am - 5.30pm Monday - Thursday / 8.30am - 4.30pm Fridays
Is this you?
- Relevant A-level, Certification, Diploma, or Degree in any of the following subjects: Human Resources, Psychology. CIPD qualified, or working towards, would be beneficial.
- Previous HR experience within a fast-paced, deadline-orientated environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Competence with MS Office Suite: Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to think laterally and ‘outside the box’ – present ideas that will improve the organisation’s HR practices.
- Hands-on, with a curiosity for the construction world and a genuine desire for Carey Group to be an employer of choice.
- Demonstrates exceptional time-management and prioritisation skills, taking ownership for own activities.
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Gym at Wembley Head Office - available for use before, during and after work
- Free Staff Car Parking at Wembley Head Office
- Flexibility to work from other offices with occasional home-working (our brand new office at Kings Cross, project offices, regional offices)
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
The Carey Group, established in 1969, is a leading multi-disciplined construction and resource management group, operating across the UK and Ireland, and delivers innovative, safe and sustainable solutions to the most complex construction and resource management challenges. We are a market-leading, ambitious and inspirational organisation which continues to evolve and grow. This is possible because of our exceptional people and the continuing investment in them and their journeys with us.
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Instead, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions here: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/1yafky6vbh