About The Opportunity
What are you looking for in your next HR role? Autonomy? You will support and coach a dedicated stakeholder group as their ‘HR Expert’ and lead on organisational design and projects across multi-disciplinary teams. Challenge? You will advise on a high-volume and complex ER caseload within fast paced and high-risk industry.
The Carey Group People Team, which incorporates HR, Resourcing and L&D, support a large workforce of over 3000 people across the UK and Ireland. We have a clear purpose- to attract the very best and most talented people to our diverse organisation, supporting our leaders to implement proactive people plans to meet the vision and strategic priorities of the business. As HR Advisor, you will partner with certain business areas within the Carey Group to support and influence their people initiatives and strategies.
Reporting to the Head of HR, you will join a growing HR team, consisting of HR Advisors, Partners, Assistants and Administrators, as well as our HR change and projects team. We are a friendly, supportive team with a wealth of knowledge and experience to share and learn from – and we’re a sociable bunch.
- Act as an Advisor (both remotely and in-person) on operational HR issues at employee and manager levels through the full People lifecycle.
- Advise on a wide range and high-volume of ER cases including absence management, disciplinary, grievance, redundancy and family matters.
- Develop and maintain strong and trusted partnerships with managers, providing constructive challenges as well as acting as a sounding board and advisor.
- Support line managers with creative, tailored solutions to people challenges.
- Produce, analyse and share data to identify trends and assist with recommendations on how to address challenges and opportunities.
- Management upskilling on HR ‘hot topics,’ face-to-face and through bite-sized workshops.
- Understand and identify areas of change within your business area and assist with managing these as effectively as possible.
- Reviewing and updating policies and templates in line with employment legislation and HR best practice.
- Partnering with the Resourcing & Learning and Development to embed people plans.
- Driving well-being, reward, engagement and occupational health initiatives.
- Line management and mentoring of HR Administrators and Assistants.
- Flexible approach to travel.
- In depth knowledge, experience and confidence to independently lead on employment relations and HR best practice.
- Pro-active time management, prioritisation skills and the resilience to adapt quickly to change.
- Passionate about partnering with stakeholders to build meaningful relationships.
- Exceptional communication skills and the confidence to challenge and influence decisions.
- Confidence in using HR systems, producing people metrics reports and providing insights.
- Adaptability to work with a diverse workforce- site-based workers, technical specialists, support services (e.g. ICT, accounts, marketing) and senior leaders.
- An inspiring, impactful communicator who can hold a room with enthusiasm, empathy and understanding.
- Relevant A-level, Certification, Diploma, or Degree in any of the following subjects: Human Resources, Psychology. CIPD qualified, or working towards, would be beneficial.
- Previous HR experience within a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary and deadline-orientated environment.
- 37.5 hour week. Monday - Thursday, 9.00am to 5.30pm (1hr lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½hr lunch).
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Supported CIPD training.
- Newly refurbished, highly modernised offices and great technology comes as standard - as does an impressive on-site gym, free breakfast (yes, free!) and staff restaurant, with an impressive range of subsidised lunches with all food preferences catered for.
- Flexibility to work from our Kings Cross and Wembley offices.
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan.
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't always tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights into some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here – https://app.beapplied.com/apply/8qzttbjehl
Or for more information please contact Emma Woodall, Recruitment Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 077 100 85862.