About The Opportunity
Is the implementation of enduring sustainability solutions and strategies something you are experienced in and passionate about?
As Head of Sustainability at Careys you will be spearheading the sustainability function across the business. You will develop the strategy and work alongside the organisation to implement it. This role is designed for someone who can confidently switch between high level strategic planning and day to day project delivery.
This exciting role will take you on a journey of leading the development and execution of a company-wide strategic sustainability initiative and embedding sustainability throughout the company by supporting, guiding and influencing decisions made across the Carey Group that will assist us in achieving the Carey Group Strategy and Vision.
It will be your responsibility as the Head of Sustainability to highlight opportunities and methods for continuous improvement, as well as innovative solutions and industry leading practices to ensure that the company’s sustainability effort enhances business performance and supports the long-term interests of the company.
- Supporting the business in the implementation and delivery of the Group Sustainability strategy, its ambitions and targets
- Endorse the sustainability strategy for each department/business head to ensure the Group Sustainability targets are achieved
- Collating information from departments and business units in accordance with the Group Sustainability Strategy for reporting back to Executive Board
- Collaborating with the Head of Procurement in regards to Energy Management, responsible sourcing of materials and the sustainable supply chain agenda, in line with the Group Sustainability Strategy
- Collaborating with the Head of Learning and Development to ensure adequate sustainability training is available across all levels of the business at both project management and business management level
- Collaborating with The Careys Foundation and HR/ Resourcing to drive improvements across the ‘People’ pillar of Sustainability
- Lead on sustainability performance reporting, improvement and verification
- Lead on carbon emissions reduction and the wider resource efficiency agenda
- Supporting sustainability input to business development & bids
- Carrying out research and development, identifying opportunities, encouraging innovation and improvements in transferability to increase efficiency and work-winning
- Influencing and networking, speaking and profile raising
- Builds positive relationships with government and industry networks and represent sustainability at external forums and events
- Knowledge and understanding of sustainability and corporate ambition
- Expertise and knowledge of sustainability in both design and construction, including BREEAM requirements, desired but not essential
- Experience in sustainability strategy implementation / embedment
- Quick thinking with the ability to identify opportunities and present solutions
- Highly organised, flexible but effective project management and team player
- BREEAM / CEEQUAL Experience desirable but not essential
- Approachable and patient
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Staff canteen with complimentary breakfast and subsidised lunchtime meals
- On-site gym
- Competitive benefits package
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We would like to invite your insight and approach to some key questions relevant to this role. You can access the application link here: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/ftzlflmt2p
For further information please contact Lucy O’Callaghan, Recruitment Partner at lucy.o’email@example.com