About The Opportunity
Seeking a design challenge that will not only inspire you to think outside of the box, but way beyond it? … If designing geotechnical solutions within complex construction projects excites you and you are always thinking of the bigger picture, read on.
Your design career will flourish within our world-class, in house Careys Design Team - an exciting hub, focused on finding construction solutions that others haven't achieved. This role will give you the opportunity to partner with a team of experts who will coach, guide and develop you every step of the way, ensuring your career development puts you right at the top of your field.
Your days will be spent in our, newly refurbished modern head office in Wembley, fully immersed in the design of construction processes for some of the most complex and prestigious projects in the country. Developing construction strategies, solving design challenges for complex basements, embedding retaining walls, plunge columns, de-watering strategies, embankments, slope stabilities & platforms; you will be the go-to person to lead input into geoenvironmental and geotechnical assessments and design, from desk study right through to construction.
We are looking for A Geotechnical Engineer that encompasses and demonstrates the following attributes:
- A good understanding of Plaxis 2D & 3D;
- Experience working with Oasy software Frew, Slope, Alp and Wallap;
- Good written and verbal communications skills;
- Excellent record keeping;
- Experience gained in Construction Design Management as well as health and safety aspects of geoenvironmental and geotechnical works;
- The ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- The ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines with accuracy and efficiency;
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills;
- High level of motivation with a willingness to take on new challenges;
- The ability to work in a multi project, multidisciplinary, multicultural environment with ease;
- It is essential that you have a current CSCS card and a full driving licence.
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan.
- Newly refurbished, highly modernised offices and great technology comes as standard - as does an impressive on-site gym, free breakfast (yes, free!) and staff restaurant, with an impressive range of subsidised lunches with all food preferences catered for.
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here
Or contact, Maddy Donaghy Recruitment Partner for more information, email@example.com