About The Opportunity
Seeking a design challenge that will inspire you to think differently...?
If designing geotechnical solutions within complex construction projects excites you, read on.
Your design career will flourish within our world-class Design Team - an exciting hub focussed on finding construction solutions that others haven't. You will partner with a team of experts who will be coaching, guiding and developing you every day, ensuring your career development puts you right at the top of your field.
You will spend your days in our beautifully modern, newly refurbished head office in Wembley, fully immersed in the design of construction processes for some of the most complex and prestigious projects in the country - developing construction strategies, solving design challenges for complex basements, embedded retaining walls, plunge columns, de-watering strategies, embankments, slop stabilities & platforms. You will have the opportunity to lead input into geo-environmental and geo-technical assessments and design, from desk study right through to construction.
You will need to demonstrate good working understading of Plaxis 2D & 3D, Oasy software Few, Slope, Alp and Wallap.
You will have:
- Good communications skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent record keeping.
- CDM and health and safety aspects of geoenvironmental and geotechnical works.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
- Able to work in a multi project, multidisciplinary, multicultural environment.
- Full driver's licence.
- Good understanding of Plaxis 2D & 3D
- Oasy software Few, Slope, Alp and Wallap
- A current CSCS card.
There are some unique 'nice to have' benefits of working in our beautifully refurbished and trendy Head Office:
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan.
- Newly refurbished, highly modernised offices and great technology comes as standard - as does an impressive on-site gym, free breakfast (yes, free!) and staff restaurant, with an impressive range of subsidised lunches with all food preferences catered for.
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here