About The Opportunity
Following some exciting changes to the leadership structure in Ireland, an opening to develop our Estimating function has been created.
This role would be ideal if you have robust practical and technical experience in a civil estimating role in Ireland, coupled with leadership aspirations. There is the opportunity for you to develop to be the leader of this function in the future, with support and coaching from the existing management team.
You will be responsible for the preparation and subsequent negotiation of tender submissions for a range of civil engineering projects throughout Ireland, so extensive experience in pricing within the Irish market is essential.
You will work closely with our Operational, Planning and Design teams, so that along with pricing you will also be able to identify value engineering solutions for our clients in order to add value and opportunity to our tenders.
- Examine incoming tenders to review contract potential, opportunity and value engineer solutions for both Careys and our clients
- Price BOQ’s from first principles and have extensive technical knowledge and experience to produce accurate and competitive tenders.
- Measure & take-off quantities from drawings to cross check quantities against BOQ’s or to produce BOQ’s.
- Source pre-project information required and appraisal of supplier and sub-contractor quotations.
- Able to identify contract risks in order to compile a risk register for the tender appraisal.
- Produce reports for tender adjudication meetings with the operational and commercial teams.
- Attend pre & post contract reviews and client meetings.
- Examine contract obligations
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Construction Management (preferred)
- Main-contractor experience in varying projects inc. residential, bulk earthworks, groundworks, substructure concrete, paving, roadworks, drainage and/or RC frame
- Ability to work methodically in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- A confident communicator with demonstrable interpersonal skills and workplace relationships
- Proven track record on projects over €5m
- Leadership ambition
- Company car/car allowance
- Enrolment into company pension scheme
- Ongoing coaching and mentoring from Carey Group leadership team
We will be celebrating our 50th anniversary this year, so let’s just say our Work-winning Team is doing something right. The rapid growth of the Carey Group has seen the evolution of our Work-winning Team, who now tender for up to 600 projects a year from £100k to £100m for a variety of clients, sectors, and regions.
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions here: https://app.beapplied.com/appl...
..or contact Emma Woodall, Recruitment Partner, for more information on 004477 100 85862