About The Opportunity
Work within a dynamic and expanding team and Company, compiling estimates for a range of residential and/or commercial projects valued £2m to £12m.
Based from our Wembley HQ, this is an excellent opportunity to progress your career, working alongside a longstanding and experienced team of people who have also progressed within BDL.
Our Estimators are the essential interface between our operational and pre-construction teams, costing project programmes at tender stage. In joining the team, you will work within our Residential and/or Commercial divisions;
Residential: Our award-winning residential division works with the UK’s leading house builders delivering high quality workmanship across their entire portfolio of projects. These range from small housing schemes to complex, large-scale apartment and mixed-use developments.
Commercial: Our portfolio of delivered projects range in value from £500k to £21m and include major hospitals, education facilities, airports, stadiums, shopping centres and some of the UK’s most prestigious commercial and high-end residential buildings, all delivered for the UK's most respected contractors and clients.
- Compile and check tender package documentation.
- Analyse and summarise programme and preliminary requirements requested in enquiry package.
- Client and supplier query resolution.
- Measuring & ‘Taking-Off’ quantities from drawings.
- Produce bills of quantities and prepare rates for items within it from first principles using technical knowledge and experience.
- Source pre-project information and support supplier/sub-contractor quotations, agreements & enquiries.
- Attend tender, design and pre-start meetings, including tender adjudication meetings to finalise inclusions and applied margins.
- Produce tender reports in preparation for tender adjudication.
- Prepare Final Quotation letters for client submittal.
- Respond to post-tender client enquiries.
- Preparation and subsequent negotiation of tenders.
- Experienced in varying types of projects including: commercial and/or residential.
- Proven technical experience within a drylining and/or fit out organisation.
- Sound commercial acumen.
- A confident communicator with all members of staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients, and suppliers.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily & weekly basis.
- Estimating software experience, preferably Causeway.
- Electronic measuring experience, preferably OnScreenTake Off.
- Microsoft office proficient.
- 40hour week. Monday - Thursday, 08.30am to 5.30pm (1 hour lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½ hour lunch)
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Staff canteen with complimentary breakfast & subsidised lunchtime meals
- On-site gym
- Competitive benefits package (inc. pension, healthcare)
BDL is one of the largest specialist dry lining contractors in the UK with a turnover in the region of £75m and a workforce of around 900 skilled operatives. The company was established in 1977 and became part of the Carey Group in September 2013.
We provide a range of dry lining services and turn key washroom fit outs to clients in London and the South East, covering both residential and commercial developments. Our extensive portfolio of work includes internationally recognised landmarks and a range of developments for the UK's largest house builders and developers.
We have a real team ethos in BDL based on honesty, respect and integrity which has enabled us to retain, develop and advance our people who are loyal, experienced and committed to the cause. We expect high standards, take pride in what we do and care about what we deliver. Our 'can-do' attitude towards our work and supportive approach enables people to excel in their roles. Many of our staff have been with us over 15 years, which is a good reflection of the strength of our culture.
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
Apply now by following this link https://app.beapplied.com/appl... or get in contact with Emma Woodall, Recruitment Partner, for further information 077 100 85862 or email@example.com