About The Opportunity
The rapid growth of the Carey Group has seen the evolution of our work-winning team, who now tender for up to 500 projects a year from £5m to £80m for a variety of clients, sectors, and regions. How many people can say they were involved in prestigious projects such as the V&A Museum, Aberdeen Conference Centre, Ferrybridge (EfW), Macallan Distillery, Woodsmith Mine and the University of Glasgow...? You could!
Based from our brand new office in central Glasgow, this is an excellent opportunity to progress your career, working alongside a longstanding, experienced and collaborative team. Most of our Estimators have joined us from a site-based Engineering or Project Management role, and we would welcome the chance to speak with you if you are interested in doing the same. Your practical and technical expertise, coupled with full support and training from the team, will to allow you to fast-track your transition to Estimating.
- Prepare rate for each item within the BOQ from first principles, technical knowledge and experience.
- Produce tender report in preparation for tender adjudication.
- Attend pre & post contract reviews and client meetings (a great opportunity to gain exposure to project planning, design and costing).
- Measuring & ‘Taking-Off’ quantities from drawings.
- Sourcing pre-project information and supporting supplier / sub-contractor quotations, agreements & enquiries.
- Examine contract obligations.
- Mentor and train Assistant Estimators.
• Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering (preferred)
• Site-based, sub-contractor experience in varying projects inc. bulk earthworks, groundworks, substructure concrete, paving, roadworks, drainage and/or RC frame
• A confident communicator with demonstrable interpersonal skills and workplace relationships
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
• Electronic measuring experience, preferably CADMeasure (preferred)
- 37.5 hour week. Monday - Thursday, 9.00am to 5.30pm (1hr lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½hr lunch)
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Newly refurbished, highly modernised offices and great technology comes as standard, with free breakfast and fruit (yes, free!) available.
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan.
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here - https://app.beapplied.com/appl...
Or for more information please contact Recruitment Partner, Emma Woodall at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 077 100 85862.