About The Opportunity
Work within a dynamic and expanding team and Company, compiling estimates for a range of civil engineering projects and sectors across the UK (£1m to £30m). How many people can say they were involved in prestigious projects such as the V&A Museum, Aberdeen Conference Centre, Ferrybridge (EfW), Macallan Distillery, Woodsmith Mine and the University of Glasgow...? You could!
Based from our brand new office in central Glasgow, this is an excellent opportunity to progress your career, working alongside a longstanding and experienced team of people who have also progressed within Careys. You don’t need to have worked as an Estimator previously- this role could also suit someone looking to move away from a site-based role as Senior/Project Engineer or Project Manager.
* Preferably degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering.
* Experienced in working to standard methods of measurement particularly SMM7, with knowledge of NRM2
* Experienced in varying types of projects including: bulk earthworks, groundworks, substructure concrete, paving, roadworks, drainage, RC Frames and demolition.
* Experienced within a ‘contractor’ environment
* Proven technical experience within a civil engineering and/or building organisation.
* Sound commercial acumen
* A confident communicator with all members of staff. You must have excellent interpersonal skills and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients, and suppliers.
* Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily & weekly basis.
* Estimating software experience.
* Microsoft office proficient.
* Electronic measuring experience, preferably CADMeasure.
* 37.5 hour week. Monday - Thusrday, 09.00am to 5.30pm (1 hour lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½ hour lunch).
* 26 days holiday per annum (*Plus Bank Holidays)
* Competitive benefits package
* Company car / Car allowance
* Preparation and subsequent negotiation of tenders.
* Produce Bills Of Quantities and prepare rates for items within it from first principles, using technical knowledge and experience.
* Make judgement/assessments in relation to budget costs from limited information.
* Produce tender reports in preparation for tender adjudication.
* Attend pre & post contract interviews, client meetings etc.
* Assist the Bid Team to successfully submit bid proposals for each tender contract.
* Proficient in pre-contract measurement skills.
* Measuring & ‘Taking-Off’ quantities, taking measurements from drawings.
* Sourcing pre-project information and supporting supplier / sub-contractor quotations, agreements & enquiries.
* Examine contract obligations.
How To Apply
Apply now, by following the link below or get in contact with Emma Woodall, Recruitment Partner, for further information firstname.lastname@example.org or 077 100 85862.