About The Opportunity
Work within a dynamic and expanding team and Company, compiling estimates for a range of civil engineering projects and sectors across the UK (£1m to £30m). How many people can say they were involved in prestigious projects such as the V&A Museum, Aberdeen Conference Centre, Ferrybridge (EfW), Macallan Distillery, Woodsmith Mine and the University of Glasgow...? You could!
* Preferably degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering.
* Experienced in working to standard methods of measurement particularly SMM7, with knowledge of NRM2
* Experienced in varying types of projects including: bulk earthworks, groundworks, substructure concrete, paving, roadworks, drainage, RC Frames and demolition.
* Experienced within a ‘contractor’ environment
* Proven technical experience within a civil engineering and/or building organisation.
* Sound commercial acumen
* A confident communicator with all members of staff. You must have excellent interpersonal skills and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients, and suppliers.
* Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily & weekly basis.
* Estimating software experience.
* Microsoft office proficient.
* Electronic measuring experience, preferably CADMeasure.
* 37.5 hour week. Monday - Thusrday, 09.00am to 5.30pm (1 hour lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½ hour lunch).
* 26 days holiday per annum (*Plus Bank Holidays)
* Competitive benefits package
* Company car / Car allowance
Based from our brand new office in central Glasgow, this is an excellent opportunity to progress your career, working alongside a longstanding and experienced team of people who have also progressed within Careys. You don’t need to have worked as an Estimator previously- this role could also suit someone looking to move away from a site-based role as Senior/Project Engineer or Project Manager.
* Preparation and subsequent negotiation of tenders.
* Produce Bills Of Quantities and prepare rates for items within it from first principles, using technical knowledge and experience.
* Make judgement/assessments in relation to budget costs from limited information.
* Produce tender reports in preparation for tender adjudication.
* Attend pre & post contract interviews, client meetings etc.
* Assist the Bid Team to successfully submit bid proposals for each tender contract.
* Proficient in pre-contract measurement skills.
* Measuring & ‘Taking-Off’ quantities, taking measurements from drawings.
* Sourcing pre-project information and supporting supplier / sub-contractor quotations, agreements & enquiries.
* Examine contract obligations.
How To Apply
Apply now, by following the link below or get in contact with Emma Woodall, Recruitment Partner, for further information email@example.com or 077 100 85862.