About The Opportunity
Due to exciting continued growth plans, Carey Group have created an exciting opportunity for someone to lead and develop our early career programmes.
Reporting to the Head of Resourcing, the purpose of the Early Talent & Apprenticeship Manager is to develop and lead the delivery of our Early Talent and Apprenticeship programmes. Partnering with the Resourcing, Learning & Development and Operational teams, you will help set the sustainable framework for the delivery of Apprenticeship, Trainee, Graduate and Work Experience programmes - ensuring a best practice approach throughout all stages of the process and proactively driving diversity initiatives through the identification of highly innovative talent pipeline sourcing channels.
The ability to work flexibly across a number of locations throughout the UK is essential for this role.
- Ensure consistent pipeline of Early Careers Talent meets the growth needs of the Group by developing strong relationships with targeted educational bodies and third-party providers in line with Resourcing Strategy
- Develop strong relationships with universities, colleges and educational bodies that will provide long-term partnerships that positively contribute to the Carey Group People strategy
- Partner with Resourcing, Learning & Development and Operational Teams across the group to create, define and implement the strategy for Early Careers programmes.
- Partnering with the wider People Team, develop the ‘early career’ talent teams, coaching and upskilling to develop subject-matter experience and talent attraction capabilities
- Play a key role in developing and driving the diversity strategy, to underpin all resourcing initiatives
- Draw upon expert knowledge of latest apprenticeship reforms whilst bringing new and exciting ideas that give Carey Group competitive edge
- Identify and monitor key Early Careers trends, reporting back to People Leadership and Operations Team
- Establishing the priorities of others through excellent management of assessment days, careers fairs,
- As new projects require, design and deliver local orientation programmes including meeting Section106 requirements
- Look to continually improve candidate experience by managing an evaluation process that gathers feedback on the summer placement student experiences
- Actively contribute and help develop the Carey Group tender propositions for Apprentices, Trainees and Graduates in partnership with key operational stakeholders and project requirements
- Establish and implement a robust third-party procurement process for training providers, ensuring partnering organisations deliver in line with SLAs and in a way that best represents the Carey Group vision and strategy
- Contribute to developing the Carey Group brand and Employee Value Proposition, in conjunction with the wider People Team
You will be a delivery-focused individual with a solutions-oriented attitude and approach who gets their energy from helping others to develop and contributing to a vision larger than the role itself. Company culture and values are important to you and you have natural intuition and superb judgement for identifying top potential talent. The role requires a natural communicator who connects quickly with others and demonstrates sound consideration and judgement regarding the development of long-term frameworks, whilst building strong relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. This role will contribute to tender processes to ensure the business uses the best providers for the delivery of Carey Group programmes that align with our values and culture against agreed service levels.
- Relevant qualification in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology or another relevant field a plus
- Proven experience in consulting or in-house talent roles
- Strong relationship-building skills and ability to effectively partner with internal stakeholders and team members as well as external consultants
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive approach with a bias to action
- Demonstrated project management and analytical skills
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Experience partnering with colleagues at all levels
- Professional demeanour and presence
- Cross Functional Collaboration
- Open and Honest Communication
- Interpersonal, savvy and ability to leverage relationships across the business
- Personal accountability and ownership
- Process-driven with a focus on continual improvement
- Ability to use initiative and work autonomously
- Comfortable taking the lead on ad-hoc projects
- Disciplined execution and delivery with urgency
- Curious to learn more about talent management in its entirety
- Flexible approach and willingness to get stuck into varied projects
- Strong work ethic and capacity
- 37.5 hour week- standard hours are Monday - Thursday, 9.00am to 5.30pm (1hr lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½hr lunch) – we are flexible as to how these are worked
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), healthcare plan
- Newly refurbished, highly modernised offices and great technology comes as standard - as does an impressive on-site gym, free breakfast (yes, free!) and staff restaurant, with an impressive range of subsidised lunches with all food preferences catered for
- Flexibility to work from our Wembley, Kings Cross, Glasgow and regional offices
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
The Carey Group in-house recruitment team was established in 2014 and has grown to include several Recruitment Partners, a Recruitment Co-ordinator and Recruitment Administrator.
We started with a blank canvas, but a very clear purpose – to attract the very best and most talented people to our diverse organisation, by providing a first-class recruitment experience to everyone who comes into contact with us and hiring through a model of ‘self- delivery.’
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here – https://app.beapplied.com/apply/dci1otrim2
...or contact Claire Beattie, Head of Resourcing for more information Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org