About The Opportunity
Does a newly created role with autonomy excite you? Are you ready to be seen as the expert, sharing your insights and experience with project teams?
As Design Manager within Careys, you will be an integrated and influential member of our civils team, who focus on hard landscaping, groundworks, civils and infrastructure projects within Greater London.
#Bettereveryday forms part of the Careys DNA and is the driving force behind this opportunity. Whilst we have always tendered for and worked on design and build projects, we are strategically targeting Design & Build schemes at this stage of our evolution to strengthen our future position, and therefore recognise the valuable and positive impact that Design Managers will bring to our project programmes.
You will report directly into the Head of Delivery, supporting design and build projects from tender stage through to delivery. As we look to further develop our design and build resource, this is a role with great potential to add to your continuing professional development, as well as advancing your career whilst playing a hugely influential role in enhance our design and build capabilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Providing advice and guidance on the “buildability” of the design proposals to the design and construction teams;
- Identifying and managing design and construction related risks and resolving design issues from the client, design consultants and project teams;
- Understanding and adhering to the project document control systems;
- Managing the design, procurement and development process in consideration of program, cost, health & safety, sustainability and quality requirements.
- Early identification of issues with design and coordination;
- Managing the production of the project design by the consultants;
- Clarifying and managing scopes, interface and responsibilities of design stakeholders;
- Managing the production of design data, reports and documentation essential to the project and contractual requirements and report progress against the design deliverables programme;
- Identifying and appointing design consultants;
- Liaising with and promoting our existing and new relationships with our consultants;
- Tracking progress against project programmes and the effective flow of design and production information, through regular meetings and establishing communication platforms;
- Liaising with the project team and once design is sufficiently complete, ensuring an efficient hand over is delivered to the project team;
- Value Engineering and design change control;
- Assisting the Work Winning Team to produce design related documentation and PQQ / ITT answers;
- Significant involvement regarding the inputting of tender programmes regarding design and approval timescales and sequences.
- You will have previous experience within a similar role, preferably within hard landscaping, groundworks, civils and/or infrastructure.
- A degree or equivalent within a construction related discipline is essential.
- Although management of the project design will be your focus, you must be a team player willing to collaborate and value the input of other teams and key project stakeholders, in order to deliver the Client’s vision in accordance to the Carey Way.
- Our projects are UK based. For this role, we ask that you are willing and able to travel within the M25.
- Company car/car allowance.
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan.
- Enrolment in company pension scheme.
- Mentoring and coaching from the Carey Group leadership team.
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here https://app.beapplied.com/apply/g8pe15zqsb
or contact Recruitment Partner Maddy Donaghy at Maddy.Donaghy@careysplc.co.uk