About The Opportunity
CDT are consulting Construction Engineers who offer leading edge services across Construction Engineering and Digital Engineering disciplines. We provide Construction Process Design for large projects that require engineering design solutions that are optimised against a fast and economic programme. We provide Temporary Works Design to allow these designs to be carried out; and we simulate using Construction Animations and advanced Building Information Modelling.
Currently we have two wonderful opportunities to join us, as a Graduate Design Engineer, based in London and the South East.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities
• Understanding design requirements and determining stakeholders
• Developing concept designs • Carrying out detailed engineering calculations
• Liaising with other team members and clients
• Producing sketches and AutoCAD drawings
• Developing construction sequences
• Researching new ideas, developing hypothesis, testing and writing reports
You will have studied Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering.
There are some unique benefits of working for Careys:
- Through our partnership with social enterprise Benefacto, you will get a paid day every year to volunteer in a meaningful initiative and 'put a little back'.
- Ongoing opportunities to be involved in some impressive team charity fundraising initiatives through the Careys Foundation.
... and amongst others, is our brilliant 'FlexiCare' flexible benefits scheme, where you can buy and sell holidays, access tastecards, childcare vouchers and much more.
Our company is full of passionate and capable people and we need like-minded professionals to join us in shaping our company into the future. Demonstrate your ability and progress your career, working with an employer who cares about the well-being and satisfaction of their staff, by submitting your CV and cover letter.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here: