About The Opportunity
Does a newly created role with autonomy excite you? Are you ready to be seen as the expert, sharing your insights and experience with project teams? As Design Manager within Careys, you will be an integrated and influential member of our civils team, who focus on hard landscaping, groundworks, civils and infrastructure projects within Greater London.
You will report directly into the Head of Delivery, supporting design and build projects from tender stage through to delivery. As we are looking to further develop our design and build resource, this is a role with great potential to advance your career an play a hugely influential role in enhance our design and build capabilities.
- Previous experience within a similar role, preferable within hard landscaping, groundworks, civils and/or infrastructure
- Degree or equivalent within a construction related discipline.
- Willing and able to travel within the M25
- Provide advice and guidance on the “buildability” of the design proposals to the design and construction teams
- Identify and manage design and construction related risks and resolve design issues from the client, design consultants and project teams
- Understand and adhere to the project document control systems
- Manage the design, procurement and development process in consideration of program, cost, health & safety, sustainability and quality requirements.
- Early identification of issues with design and coordination.
- Manage the production of the project design by the consultants
- Clarify and manage scopes, interface and responsibilities of design stakeholders
- Manage the production of design data, reports and documentation essential to the project and contractual requirements and report progress against the design deliverables programme
- Identify and appoint design consultants
- Liaise with and promote our existing and new relationships with our consultants
- Track progress against project programmes and the effective flow of design and production information, through regular meetings and establishing communication platforms
- Liase with the project team and once design is sufficiently complete, hand over to the project team.
- Value Engineering and design change control
- Assist the Work Winning Team to produce design related documentation and PQQ / ITT answers.
- Input to tender programmes regarding design and approval timescales and sequences.
Company car/car allowance
Enrolment in company pension scheme
Mentoring and coaching from Carey Group leadership team
Newly Created Role:
#Bettereveryday forms part of the Careys DNA and is the driving force behind this opportunity. Whilst we have always worked on design and build projects, we are strategically targeting D+B to strengthen our future proposition, and recognise the valuable impact that Design Managers will bring to our project programmes.
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
Rather than ask you for a CV to outline your previous experience, we would instead like to invite your insight to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions here: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/ixq8cix8nl