About The Opportunity
Are you an excellent Multi-tasker with a keen eye for detail? Can you maintain a professional manner with customers when working with them to ensure queries and escalations are resolved in a timely manner for all?
If you are a person that thrives on building relationships internally and externally yet not afraid to question and challenge the norm, you could be a perfect asset to our Finance Team here at Careys.
The Credit Controller will be responsible for ensuring the organisation has a healthy cash flow by taking responsibility for general sales ledger and credit control duties in line with the agreed monthly cycle.
The focus of this role is to liaise effectively with customers and internal departments and build relationships in order to maintain effective credit control across the Group and therefore make a positive contribution to the Finance function.
Cash collection & credit control:
- Ensuring the timely collection of cash in line with customer trading terms;
- Ensuring the process for opening new external accounts is adhered to and maintain a folder for all signed credit account applications;
- Conducting credit checks on new customers and existing customers;
- Reporting on the number of average debtor days and aged debt on a monthly basis, highlighting overdue debts and formulating action plans in order to get up to date, escalate where appropriate;
- Participating in weekly cash flow meetings with all operating divisions;
- Reporting on actual payments received vs forecast payments;
- Compiling weekly receipt cashflow forecasts for 13-week forward plans;
- Resolving problems in relation to invoice payments;
- Responsibility for issuing all reminders on a timely basis;
- Building positive relationships and clear channels of communication with customers and internal personnel including commercial teams;
- Raising Sales Invoices.
- Establish a clear credit control process for all operating divisions including retentions
- Review current credit terms and advise on optimum terms for each operating division
- You will have previous experience of working within an Accounts function in a previous role.
- You can demonstrate skill when dealing with customer queries and escalations.
- You exercise excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- You have excellent time management skills and can prioritise a demanding workload.
- You have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- You are an excellent communicator and can challenge the norm to gain the best results for the business.
- You have the tenacity and ability to build relationships with external parties to maintain communications in order to achieve the maintenance of cashflow and reduction of debtor days.
- Previous experience in Credit Control and using Coins ERP system is not essential but desirable.
- 37.5-hour week. Monday - Thursday, 9.00am to 5.30pm (1hr lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½hr lunch)
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 bank holidays.
- Newly refurbished, highly modernised offices and great technology comes as standard - as does free breakfast and fruit available for staff.
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan.
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't always tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights into some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here - https://app.beapplied.com/apply/a5jibla7iy
Or for more information please contact Lucy O’Callaghan, Recruitment Partner at Lucy.O'Callaghan@careysplc.co.uk