About The Opportunity
The rapid growth of the Carey Group over the past 5 years has seen the exciting evolution of our group services functions and we now have an exciting opportunity in our brand new, highly-modernised Glasgow office for a Contract Specialist to come and join our team.
Our Contract Specialist team are seen by our Commercial and Work Winning Teams as advisors, specialists and sounding boards across all forms of contracts.The individuals within this team carry out an important function for Careys - ensuring our work winning teams are briefed on risks and contract terms and provide insight into contracts and tenders across our business.
This opportunity will see you autonomously managing your own caseload - reviewing tender documents and advising the business on any concerns and proactively encouraging conversation points. You will provide clarity and confidence across the tendering process, pose questions, challenge thinking and communicate specialist observations in order to eliminate risk.You will be in close contact with our insurance providers, agreeing wording/clauses as well as working very closely with our operational teams in ensuring their familiarity with contract obligations.
We are committed to investing in this growing by offering entry level talent expert support, guidance and mentoring should they wish to explore this area of our business further.
- Approachable with the ability to engage and build relationships easily. This role is an advisor to the business and will suit a natural ‘conversation-starter’
- Mentoring and Support, imparting your knowledge to build our future teams
- Inquisitive – Asking questions, challenging thinking and being specialist in your area of expertise
- A professional qualification or degree in construction
- Legal/contractual experience gained with a contractor A legal qualification would be an advantage A good knowledge of the standard forms of contract (JCT, NEC & ICC)
- 37.5 hour week- we are flexible as to how there are worked but standard hours are Monday - Thursday, 9.00am to 5.30pm (1hr lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½hr lunch)
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan
- Breakfast and fruit provided to all staff
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here – https://app.beapplied.com/apply/wljodm5eys
...or contact Maddy Donaghy, Recruitment Partner, for more information email@example.com