About The Opportunity
The Carey Group is a leading family-owned engineering, construction and resource recovery business operating across the UK and Ireland. We are different – and we celebrate this by challenging our people to be the best they can be each day.
To help us do this, our exceptional Marketing and Communications team support our strategic growth and turbo charge our mission to be the best by producing top quality creative content across multiple channels.
As the Marketing and Communications team grows we are looking for an experienced Content Executive to help us produce scintillating brochure text, impactful online news articles, in-depth case studies and convincing award submissions. In fact, anything that relies on the written word would be yours to produce!
We operate in a technical industry, so you need to be naturally curious, with the ability to take what you discover and explain it to others. Each day could be different, you’ll support all our written communication in voice, tone and messaging.
Engaging content is what we want – so if you have experience in producing interesting, dynamic work backed up by research and are detail oriented with the ability to grasp and explain complex topics we want to hear from you!
- Helping to research, write and proofread case studies, news articles, social media posts, award submission entries, brochure copy and a variety of other content.
- Making sure that all website pages are consistent with the guidelines and tenets provided by the new style guide – this will involve proofreading and minor copy editing.
- Helping to champion, implement and maintain the standards set by the style guide across all content channels and all company communications.
- Communicating effectively with individuals, on site and across the business, to gather information to create stories for use in various content channels.
- Adapting information and transforming it into content suitable for a number of outputs, each with different audiences.
- Gathering and researching information for, and helping to create, award submission content.
- Helping to maintain and contribute to the company’s digital content library.
- Helping to monitor and contribute to the content dashboard, which gives us a birds-eye view of our content coverage, and shows us where we need to create more content.
- Attending site visits and meetings with subject matter experts to gain knowledge, start to understand and report on the realities of projects.
- Proofreading content across all channels.
- An excellent writer that can tailor your writing for a range of different types of content, many with very different audiences.
- Interested in figuring things out and proficient at research, committed to following threads where they lead, until you get to the bottom of whatever you’re working on.
- Confident in written and verbal communications.
- Curious, interested and engaged – you like asking questions, listening to the responses and learning new things.
- Analytical – able to grasp and explain complex topics.
- Ability to translate technical concepts into accessible and compelling written content.
- Detail-oriented, meticulous.
- Eager to learn.
- A good listener.
- Easy-going, calm, friendly and compassionate.
- Community-oriented, happy to be a valued member of a collaborative, creative team.
- Willing to sometimes take care of administrative tasks.
- Monday – Thursday, 8.30am to 5.30pm, Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Staff canteen with complimentary breakfast and subsidised lunchtime meals
- On-site gym
- Competitive benefits package
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.