About The Opportunity
At Carey’s our civil engineering projects across the UK present a level of complexity that will ask questions of your ability that haven't been asked before.
So, if you strive to be the best on a daily basis and want to be part of some exciting projects across Birmingham and the Midlands, we want to hear from you.
Our Quantity Surveying opportunities will offer you a different way of thinking. If you are looking for an advancement in your career where you can truly partner with your delivery teams on some of the most prestigious build projects in the Midlands, this is a development opportunity not to be missed.
We are recruiting an Assistant Quantity Surveyor for a high-profile project in the Birmingham area.
- You will be involved in the commercial works for minor and major projects across the Midlands
- You will be responsible for the day to day administration of the commercial function of the Project(s).
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the project(s) contractual and commercial requirements.
- Demonstrates a sound understanding around the valuations cycle and associated deadlines, prioritising and managing your time accordingly.
- Interface with and form productive effective relationships with the site team(s) and the client team
- Successfully interpreting information obtained from the site team(s) for incorporation into the account.
We are looking for candidates with a strong civil engineering background including roads, draining, groundworks, concrete frames, and utilities. You will:
- Possess a Higher level qualification in a quantity surveying subject (or completing a degree this year) or alternatively ONC / HND Qualification and 2/3 years’ relevant experience.
- Be highly organised, with an outstanding collaborative work ethic.
- Play an effective role as a member of the team.
- Have strong numeracy skills
- Have good report writing skills
- Possess the ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Possess the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Have good presentation skills
- Be proactive and self-motivated.
- Be receptive to developing contract knowledge
- Have gained some previous experience in construction as well as exposure to KPI reporting .
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Staff canteen with complimentary breakfast and subsidised lunchtime meals
- On-site gym
- Competitive benefits package
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.