About The Opportunity
We will be celebrating our 50th anniversary this year, so let’s just say our Work-winning Team is doing something right. The rapid growth of the Carey Group has seen the evolution of our Work-winning Team, who now tender for up to 600 projects a year from £100k to £100m for a variety of clients, sectors, and regions. How many people can say they were involved in ‘postcard’ projects such as The Royal Opera House, Tottenham Hotspur FC and 22 Bishopsgate - the second tallest skyscraper in London? You could!
Based from our Wembley HQ, this is an excellent opportunity to progress your career, working alongside a longstanding, experienced and collaborative team. Many of our Estimators have joined us from a site-based Engineering, Project Management or Quantity Surveying role, and we would welcome the chance to speak with you if you are interested in doing the same. Previous experience is not required – with full support and training provided, we can help to draw on your practical/technical experience to fast-track your transition to Estimating.
You will be responsible for the preparation and subsequent negotiation of tender submissions for a range of prestigious civil engineering projects. Working closely with Operational, Planning and Design teams you will value engineer solutions for clients within a department that secures continued work and growth for the company.
- Examine incoming tenders to review contract potential and value engineer solutions for the client
- Measuring & ‘Taking-Off’ quantities, taking measurements from drawings.
- Producing Bills Of Quantities.
- Sourcing pre-project information and supporting supplier/sub-contractor quotations, agreements & enquiries.
- Exposure to pricing of BOQ items, alongside experienced Estimators.
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Construction Management (preferred)
- Site-based, sub-contractor experience in varying projects inc. bulk earthworks, groundworks, substructure concrete, paving, roadworks, drainage and/or RC frame
- Electronic measuring and standard methods of measurement experience (preferred)
- Numerically minded with a sound commercial acumen
- A confident communicator with demonstrable interpersonal skills and workplace relationships
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- 37.5 hour week. Monday - Thursday, 9.00am to 5.30pm (1hr lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½hr lunch)
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Staff canteen with complimentary breakfast & subsidised lunchtime meal
- On-site gym
- Competitive benefits package
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.