About The Opportunity
This role will give you the opportunity to build upon your infrastructure experience. Based from our Wembley Head office, these Support Analysts, provide support to 1500 users across several offices as well as more temporary construction sites.
Our 2nd Line Support Analysts, provide support and development to the network infrastructure and to resolve any technical issues escalated to the service desk.
Delivering exceptional customer service to our internal customers will be your driver. With a naturally inquisitive mind you will work to solve & improve our IT issues. Sharing knowledge with less experienced members of the team ensuring our service delivery is world class.
- Assisting our Infrastructure Engineers and continue to develop your own skills and knowledge
- Resolving Backups (BackupExec15) for Wembley, Milton Keynes, Glasgow & Dublin offices
- Rolling out new Access Points (Meraki) in all offices and construction sites
- Setting up and managing construction sites Fibre, ADSL & 4G connections including Printers
- Assisting and mentoring 1st Line Engineers with various support tasks
- Administering monitoring tools
- Active Directory and Group Policies
- MS desktop architecture including Windows 7 / 10
- System Centre – SCCM, SCOM SCSM, or SCVMM
- Office 365
- Hyper-V (preferred)
- Networking (Access points and configuring routers)
- ICT platform is Office 365
- Managed WAN network
- Ticketing system is ServiceNow
- 37.5 hour week- we are flexible as to how there are worked but standard hours are Monday - Thursday, 9.00am to 5.30pm (1hr lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½hr lunch).
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan.
- Newly refurbished, highly modernised offices and great technology comes as standard - as does an impressive on-site gym, free breakfast (yes, free!) and staff restaurant, with an impressive range of subsidised lunches with all food preferences catered for.
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/yjfyo4mjyw
For more information, please contact Maddy Donaghy, firstname.lastname@example.org